Exhibit at Woods Memorial Presbyterian Church
Exhibit Dates: September 11 - November 6, 2023Address: 611 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd, Severna Park, MD 21146
Information for exhibitors:
Registration (AWC members only) Deadline for entries August 28th
Entry fee for artists: $10.00
Entry Limit of 2 entries per artist; there is room for 34 paintings
Size Limit of 36" maximum in either dimension
Labeling: Information on the back of each painting should include Title, Medium, Price (or NFS), Artist, and Artist Contact Info (phone and/or email). Additionally, please use a sticky note or temporary label to the front giving title and artist.
Sales: Paintings do not need to be for sale. Any sales will be between the buyer and the artist. There is no commission; a donation to the church will be welcomed.
Receiving on Monday, September 11, 10:00 to 11:00 am
Please note: Artwork will not be accepted without a signed Waiver and Honor Statement. You can download a PDF of the waiver here.
Pick up on Monday, November 6 between 9:00 and 10:00 am
All art must be appropriate for viewing in a church
AWC Standards applying to this exhibit:
- Artwork Dimensions: Maximum frame size in any direction is 36”
- Frame: Frames must be well selected, well cut and of professional quality, with wire for hanging, (no sawtooth hooks) with glass or Plexiglas. Artwork larger than 54 united inches (height plus width) must be framed behind Plexiglas or acrylic for safety. Protective coating at artist’s discretion is acceptable.
- Identification: Artwork must be identified with the Artist’s name, title of painting, Artist’s contact information (phone number and/or email) and price. If not for sale, include NFS or Price upon Request (POR). This information should be placed on the back of the artwork.
Accepted Artwork: All work must be totally original, created by the artist. No reproductions. Artwork resulting from guidance, photos, drawings or paintings used in workshop or classes must have proper credit given to the source to be specified after the “title” on the identification label and on the application form, i.e.: “photo from John Doe workshop”, or “from guidance in Jane Doe’s Class”.
- Media: Transparent watercolor, acrylic (painted in thin watercolor manner), and gouache.
- Mats: If used, must be archival, well cut and clean.
- Support: Paper, illustration board, “synthetic paper”, watercolor canvas or panel.